Meal planning is going really well so far. Monday night the kids were in VBS so I planned for my husband and I to eat Japanese ... at a small, local Japanese restaurant. Since that plan went so well, and my kids were still in evening VBS, on Tuesday night I planned for us to eat German food ... at a small, local German restaurant.
Ok. So I'm not getting off to a very good start. But I just couldn't see wasting the opportunity for the two of us to go out and have dinner alone. That just doesn't happen very often around here.
On a positive note, Steve and I have been able to have a couple of productive parent/teacher conferences. I'm trying to finalize all of the details for school next year. Next year...unfortunately, next year is just around the corner. In reality I probably have less than four weeks before the new school year commences.
I value Steve's wisdom and input and support when it comes to our children's education. He listens to all of my ideas and the things I've discovered through my research for curriculum. After we pray, discuss, and pray some more, he shares his thoughts and opinions. Together we make the decisions for each of our children and their particular educational needs.
Now that I realize the new school year is so rapidly approaching I'm thinking we may need at least one more parent/teacher conference to finalize our decisions for the school year. And the sooner the better. Hmmmm......what should my meal plan for tonight be? Chinese, Italian, Tai, Mexican, Creole/Cajun......
Update 7/14/11
I had one reader suggest Rheinhart's fried Shrimp for our planned meal last night. While a good suggestion, my hubby chose a little Italian restaurant in Grovetown, Armando's. He had chicken parmigiana, Sasha (my soft hearted husband invited our eldest son to tag along :) had a meatball sub, and I had a delicious pizza.
If you have not tried Armando's, I would recommend it. It is a very nice place and the food we've had is very tasty.
But I must report that there has been no further accomplishment or forward progress with the meal planning .... yet. My new goal is to be up and ready to implement a meal plan next Monday.
Since my husband invited our son to join us for dinner last night we were unable to have our parent/teacher conference concerning decisions for the rapidly approaching new school year. So..... I'm thinking we have this evening available since the kids are still in VBS. I guess I need to quickly plan what we're going to have for supper tonight ...
1 comment:
Rhineharts! Fried Shrimp!
Post a Comment