Taking a little trip to Crazy today.
It's not very far. Shouldn't take long to get there.
Just hope I can find my way back home.
These are the words I posted on Facebook this afternoon. I have so many things pressing on my mind and chewing up time lately that I feel I'm not getting anything accomplished. The number of major decisions I'm needing to make rather quickly is making my head spin.
It seems I'm having difficulty recognizing God's peace. Sometimes the path seems clear and other times it's as though a thick fog prevents any visibility. I'm trying to not succumb to the stress or throw my hands up in despair, but I'm noticing today how very thin my wall is between peace and anxiety. Paul writes in the book of Philippians "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." He goes on to say, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Recently I've been working on closing out last school year and finalize the coming school year. I hate to admit that it has not gone as well as I would like. I love it when everything goes smoothly and all the pieces fall into place on my timetable. Sometimes God's timing just seems so wrong! There are times when I've been convinced that He is running late. I am ashamed to say this, but I have even on occasion blurted out that He just didn't care enough or He would have met my need the way I wanted, when I wanted.
Over the years, though, God has proven faithful in all things. His timing is absolutely perfect and beautiful all the time. I've witnessed how loving and concerned for me He really is. I was wrong to have thought otherwise.
So I am older now, and as David said in Psalm 37, "I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread." I am confident that God will provide whatever is necessary. He is working even now on all the details to make everything ready for me to make the right decisions, as I so desperately desire. He will lead me through the fog or He will clear it, but either way I will trust Him to lead me beside still waters where I will know peace.
With all the anxiety that is constantly on stand-by just waiting for an available seat in my heart, I am certain of how necessary it is for me to trust Him, rest in Him and keep the communication open between us. Otherwise, it could all just about drive me crazy ... and crazy's just not that far away. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment