June 15, 2011
Isaiah 43:1-2
A very dear friend of mine once went through a terrible sadness. In her grief and times of great uncertainty I saw her tightly cling to the Word of God. When her world was turning upside down and she was experiencing unimaginable pain she sought comfort by reading God's love letter to her. I watched one day as her eyes swollen from crying sparkled when she shared with me the comfort she had received that day from reading her Bible. "When you pass THROUGH the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass THROUGH the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk THROUGH the fire you will not be burned..." I admit, I had always thought of those verses simply in terms of God being with me in times of difficulty. But that day she opened my eyes to see the hope and encouragement that God was offering. The difficulty is not permanent. There is hope.
Be encouraged if you are experiencing a great time of suffering right now. God is with you and you will reach the other side because you are passing THROUGH.
No comments:
Post a Comment