My Resolute Heart

Yielding to His lordship...Surrendering to His will...Accepting His plans and provisions

Monday, November 7, 2011

On My Knees -- a prayer song for our pastor


We were blessed yesterday to celebrate our Pastor's 50th birthday.  I was honored to contribute a small part to the celebration by writing a song for the worship service.  And while I wrote the song with our pastor in mind, I believe it speaks to all of us and the wonderful privilege we have of accessing the Father through prayer.  Prayer is an amazing gift we have been given by a loving God who desires a full and intimate relationship with us.


On My Knees
words and music by Terha Knittel
copyright 2011
Etched within the emptiness I sometimes feel
When strength to handle one more thing does not exist
In corners dark, elusive answers are playing hide and seek
Despair has mocked my faith and fear has raised it's fist -- at me


My hope is found when to the ground
My knees come to a rest
Bowed beneath a weight I simply cannot bear
I am here in this holy place of prayer


CHORUS
Down on my knees I will find all I need
Down on my knees I'll find You're all I need
As I look to You
And I trust in You
Here with you, on my knees

The heart holds all His faithfulness that time reveals
I'm not alone, or on my own, He lives in me
In tender moments held within His warm embrace
My spirit soars and once again my heart is free


My hope is found when to the ground
My knees come to a rest
And every question, every burden, every care
Is heard inside this holy place of prayer


CHORUS
Down on my knees I will find all I need
Down on my knees I'll find You're all I need
As I look to You
And I trust in You
Here with you, on my knees


(bridge -- )
I called Your name, You came
Your heard me, healed me
Your love has overwhelmed me
Your grace sufficient held me
Strength when I am weary
Power when I'm weak
The comfort I rely on
You're the wisdom that I seek


CHORUS

Down on my knees I will find all I need
Down on my knees I'll find You're all I need
As I look to You
And I trust in You
Here with you, on my knees







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song from a beautiful person. God has so richly blessed you T.