On a Thursday morning, about six years ago, during my bible study and prayer time I was thinking about individuals who had encountered the living Christ. In my mind I saw the scene of Jesus at the well with the Samaritan woman. It's a beautiful story from the Bible found in the fourth chapter of John. I began imagining this same woman several years down the road sitting with other women and young girls who had gathered around her ... wanting to hear her story again. As she recalls the details there are flash backs to those moments at the well. I imagine her heart full of joy as she tells them how desperate she had been ... and how beautiful He was. With smiling eyes brimming with tears she shares how she felt when He looked into her eyes and the way her heart melted when He spoke to her.
We read that this woman returned to her town and proclaimed, "He told me everything I ever did" ... truly there is nothing hidden from Him. Tucked within this story is a beautiful scripture about worshiping in spirit and in truth. When we allow our encounter with Jesus to change us there is a deep sense of gratitude and devotion. For me, this enables and equips me to worship ... to know that He is fully aware of who I am and all my sin, and yet I am aware of His unfailing, redeeming love for me.
To worship in spirit; with every part of my being, throwing myself into His arms. And also to worship in truth; sincerely, knowing that I cannot hide anything from Him. My life has been forever changed by Jesus. The gratitude and devotion that swells within me finds expression through a lifestyle of worship.
These are the words I wrote that Thursday morning:
Imagine my delight when Jesus came to me
When He came close and looked into my eyes
My aching heart was warmed within His beauty
I felt His love could fill the empty skies
His tender touch caused all my fears to vanish
His kindness gripped my jagged, jaded soul
He spoke to me and all the world grew quiet
The chaos became calm in His control
Jesus came into my life so sweetly
Jesus changed my life, He gave me beauty
He looked beyond my cold and empty stare
And then He spoke to me
I fell into His arms, He held me tight
He changed my life forever
Imagine My Delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment