Recently, I had the opportunity to visit my dear friend in her new home. Actually, the home isn't new and, in fact, she has lived there for several years - but it was new for me to see her in this particular home. Very quietly, yet with unbridled excitement, she showed me all of the flower gardens she has created in her yard. It was obvious that much thought had gone into each bed and that great care had been given in creating and maintaining them. She calls this "playing in the dirt" and likens it to 'therapy'. Unfortunately for my friend, she lived through a great sadness in her life. But God in His tenderness has brought her into a place of life and wholeness. I walked the pathways that she had labored over. She explained how each bed and pathway had become a reality. She has dug, uprooted, placed stones, planted flowers and ground cover - and all of this playing in the dirt has produced great beauty. I could not help but see the beauty that God has created in her, as well, with all of the digging, uprooting and planting that He has done in her life through the work of the Holy Spirit. I am thankful for the healing work that God does in our lives and I was blessed to have the privilege of experiencing the beauty of my friend's healing path.

No comments:
Post a Comment